Workshops & Productions
Stemming from a lifelong love of the theatre — and all things dramatic — T. K. Lee has mastered both the skill of sharing his wisdom and the art of equipping workshop participants with a necessary curiosity that engages them each at their own pace.
Playwriting: Workshops and Productions
- 2018, Daughters These Days (WV), invitation-only, Opera House PlayFest
- 2016, About the Baby (WV), inaugural Opera House PlayFest
- 2015, co-author, The Breeze Bends the Grass, musical play, tour (KY, OH, NC, IN)
- 2014, staged reading of Widdershins, with Actor’s Theatre of Louisville (KY)
- 2011, musical revue, Liner Notes: Tin Pan Alley to Today (MS)
- 2008, Mississippi State University, On How To Accommodate Marlo’s Frying Pan (MS)
- 2005, National Tennessee Williams Literary Festival award winner, Loose Hog
- 2005, Mississippi Theatre Association, Runner-Up Production, Loose Hog (MS)
- 2003, Bloomington Playwrights Project, The Problem with Peter (IN)
T. K. Lee began his academic work at Mississippi University for Women in 2015 with the inaugural class of the Master of Fine Arts in creative writing. Teaching both graduate and undergraduate students, Lee still finds time to win awards and publish.
Areas of focus include southern fiction, fugitive poetry, southern identity, and gothic influence.
Academic Courses & Residencies
- Acting for Writers
- Issues in Southern Drama
- Intro to Playwriting
- 20th Century Drama
- Women, Playwriting, and the American Stage
- Box the Block: Overcoming Writer’s Block
- Diversity, Visibility, and American Literature